My analyses can look at cases across the world, or focus on specific countries or regions.
When focusing on a particular place, my reports can examine political, economic, and social situations and trends there. They include conflict analyses, political economy analyses, and analyses of the aid practices of specific countries. They can cover issues in their subnational, national, regional, or international dimensions.
Examples of specific countries and regions I have written about include:
- Countries in the Middle East: Iran; Jordan; Lebanon; Turkey
- Countries in north Africa: Libya
- Countries in South Asia: Nepal; Pakistan
- Countries in central Africa: Democratic Republic of Congo; South Sudan; Sudan; Uganda
- Countries in western Africa: Senegal (Casamance).
- Countries in southern Africa: Zimbabwe
- Countries in eastern Africa: Tanzania
- Countries in Central Asia: Afghanistan; Kyrgyzstan
- Regions: the Middle East; North Africa; the Levant (Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria); South Asia; ASEAN
For examples of past reports I have produced, please visit my academia.edu page, where I have made available all the consultancy reports that commissioning agencies allowed me to publish:For a full list of the titles of my publications, please email me (I will of course not communicate confidential reports, nor any details about the query and commissioning agency for these, but can provide the full list of titles).